Digital Maturity Score – What It Is and Why It Matters
ActionPoint’s Digital Maturity Assessment is an online, self-assessment tool that allows private and public organizations to determine how far they have progressed in their Digital Transformation journey. The Digital Maturity Model helps you to understand how digitally mature your organization is today and helps you to build a roadmap for the future. The Digital Maturity Assessment takes the form of an easy-to-follow questionnaire. After completing your Digital Maturity Assessment, you are given a Digital Maturity Score. This score, marked out of 100, represents a point in your Digital Transformation. Once you know your digital score, you are able to take the necessary steps to improve your overall digital capacity.
Our Digital Maturity Assessment assesses your digital development across Five Key Dimensions. These dimensions include Digital Strategy, Digital Capability, Processes, Customer Experience and Risk & Compliance.
A Closer Look at the 5 Assessment Dimensions
When carrying out your Digital Maturity Assessment, you will be asked questions related to the key dimensions mentioned above. Each of the 5 dimensions of Digital Maturity address core areas in your organization. These dimensions allow you to get a more rounded view of your current digital status.
- Digital Strategy: Do you have a clear IT plan and IT budget in place? Do you plan to leverage technology to help you adapt to a changing environment? Digital Strategy relates to the strategic plan you have in place to help you achieve specific goals with your selected digital technologies. Your digital strategy takes into account your customers, your business, your people and your systems.
- Digital Capability: This metric relates to the extent to which the culture, people and infrastructure are set up to digitally flourish. Digital Transformation isn’t just about installing new technologies. It is about making sure that employees embrace the new tools and technologies and develop their own skills and capabilities.
- Processes: Successful Digital Transformation involves replacing or bolstering existing processes. Within this dimension, we examine how digital technologies are used to efficiently run your business and delight customers on a daily basis. Your processes could be related to communication, collaboration, remote working or how you perform day-to-day tasks.
- Customer Experience: How does your business engage with and interact with your customers? Do your customers feel taken care of across every point of the customer buying journey? This section looks at how you’ve embraced digital tools to provide outstanding customer support.
- Risk & Compliance: Assessing, monitoring and treating risks, both internally and externally, that stem from digital activities. As you develop your organization digitally, you must make sure to keep tabs on the relevant risks. This includes issues related to GDPR and Disaster Recovery.
Five Levels of Digital Maturity
ActionPoint’s Digital Maturity Assessment and grading system derives from helping over 560 companies to undertake their own digital transformation. Over the last 16 years, we’ve helped companies with no digital capabilities to integrate with tools and technologies for the first time. We’ve helped other organization’s to progress along the Digital Maturity ladder and become stronger and more effective in the process. Every engagement has helped learn more about the challenges and opportunities of Digital Transformation.
There are Five levels of Digital Maturity which are based on the overall score you receive after finishing your Digital Maturity Assessment. The further along the scale, the more advanced your organization is in its digital journey. Every level up represents an increase in effectiveness, efficiency and productivity.
- Pre-Digital – An overall score of 0-20.
- Digitally Reactive – An overall score of 21-40.
- Digitally Purposeful – An overall score of 41-60.
- Digital Optimized – An overall score of 61-80.
- Digitally Strategic – An overall score of 81-100.
Your scores are compared to benchmark industry data to help you better understand your strengths and weaknesses relative to your peers. We encourage you to take this self-assessment periodically to see if your digital initiatives are improving your Digital Maturity. Knowing your organization’s digital maturity level allows you to plan accordingly and take steps to improve your rating.
Complete Your Digital Maturity Assessment
Before you start your Digital Transformation journey, it is important to take stock of where you are now. That’s why a Digital Maturity Assessment is so important. Take ActionPoint’s online Digital Maturity assessment today. The process is simple, straightforward and completely free. It shouldn’t take you more than 10 minutes to complete. At the end of the assessment, a report will be sent directly to your inbox, which you can then share with your team.
Find out your organization’s Digital Maturity Score, here.